Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lake Como and Verona

We started off today with about a 4 hour bus ride to Lake Como.  There we had a short time to walk around and find something to eat.  Then, we got on a boat and toured the lake.  After we arrived back on shore, we purchased gelato and watched a street performer play popular songs with his saxophone.  From Lake Como, we took the bus to Verona.  In Verona, we got to see the arena, where tonight or some time soon KISS would perform.  We also got to see Juliet's balcony.  I found that extremely fun because I got to write mine and my boyfriend's name on the wall of the tunnel leading to the balcony.  Also, the balcony was close to a street market where I purchased a few of my souvenirs.  As a group, we all bought gelato again. So far mint is my favorite.  We did not get to our hotel until after 9.  I'm expecting that is because Italians eat so late to compensate for a small breakfast.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!
                                         -Sierra Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment